Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tales From the Toon Trenches - Michael Mallory - The Case of the Copycat Concerto


Animation Magazine's author Michael Mallory has a column called Tales From the Toon Trenches where he writes about all sort of cool issues about people and events that happened in the past in the world of animation. Since I first subscribed to the Animag daily newsletter I always loved to read it! So today I come to share one of the Tales that I enjoyed the most, about a famous Cat and an even more famous Bunny doing the same thing at the same time! So read this post on their webpage!

Click HERE to read it.

And here are the two pieces it talks about!

The Cat Concerto (MGM)
It was produced by Fred Quimby and directed by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera, with musical supervision by Scott Bradley, and animation by Kenneth Muse, Ed Barge and Irven Spence. (wikipedia)





Rabbit Rhapsody (Warner Bros.)
Directed by Friz Freleng.

You can watch it HERE (youtube) because I couldn't find it to embed anywhere. And it's in hungarian, but don't worry, it doesn't matter for the understanding of it.

I finish my post once more advising you all to subscribe to Animag's Newsletter! It's pretty cool if only for the amazing Tales From the Toon Trenches!

No comments:

Post a Comment