Tuesday, April 17, 2012

How beautiful is animation!

A few days ago, I saw someone sharing these videos that I found completely utterly incredibly amazing! Each day that goes by I found myself more in love with this art. Animation is so awesome!!

Watching these videos is just a HUGE inspiration for everyone out there aspiring to be animators, I'm quite sure. This is just pure, good quality tradicional animation, being done right in front of your eyes.

The artist is Glen Keane, one of the Walt Disney Studios masters, that resigned his animator job just a few weeks ago. According to Animation Magazine post about his resignation, there was a letter in which he said:
"I am convinced that animation really is the ultimate form of our time with endless new territories to explore. I can’t resist its siren call to step out and discover them."

So for me, this resignation is not completly sad, because I guess we can expect great author animated films from this amazing artist. I felt like he was leaving Disney in a quest of his own. So I bow to that and wish him good luck in his discoveries!

HERE's a little blog of Glen Keane art. Made by Raúl Andrés, character animator.

Here you have a little scene animated, live! (In 3 parts)







Just beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment