Friday, January 6, 2012

My Animations - Rotoscope


This week I made a Rotoscopy animation exercise! It took me about 16 hours to make this 29 second, and was completely made in Flash.

It was actually my first try rotoscoping, and I'm quite pleased with the result. I wanted to make a sort of cinema history, so I started with some classic shots of some old films. A thought is to continue this project and add more classic films that I've watched to this animation.

I wanted it a black and white rotoscopy, somewhat like a sketch book, adding some color in details (the tongue and the dancing bread).

The movies added are 1902 - A Trip to The Moon and 1925 - The Gold Rush

After a while I thought it would be nice to add some detail to it, so I thought adding the smoke texture as I've done in my Music Abstraction animation.

One thing I can say, I definitely rather do "real" animation than rotoscoping! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment