Friday, March 30, 2012

Sharing Animation - Sisyphus (Marcell Jankovics, 1974)

For this week (or last week, I'm still one week behind =P) sharing animation I'll post some art.

I'm a true lover of the fluid, detailed, precise animation, such as well done traditional animation and 3D animation. But another part of animation that I love is mainly notable in tradicional animation, for obvious artistic freedom reasons, and are the metamorphosis (have I done this speech before? I feel I have...).

So this week I come to you with a very short short, that has an incredible development throughout the narrative, as the original sisyphus myth also have (For the curious, Wikipedia: The Myth of Sisyphus) and the metamorphosis develops aswell, in my opinion, in a very charming way. The short received an Oscar nomination.

The artist is Marcell Jankovics and the animation is called, as you might have guessed, Sisyphus. You can google the artist to know more about him since he doesn't have any official website.

It's very simple but yet very powerful.

So please enjoy, Sisyphus by Marcell Jankovics.





Check out the other short movies from the Sharing Collection HERE!!


See you next week for another powerful artnimation!


No copyright and related rights infringements are intended with these sharings, all these animations are properties from their respective authors or studios always credited in the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment